Serving families throughout the Greater Des Moines area


We Are Your FAMILY LAW Attorneys

Blog Posts in September, 2020

  • Can You Get a Divorce If You Can't Find Your Spouse?

    One of the first steps in a divorce in Iowa is serving your spouse with the dissolution of marriage papers. That means that a sheriff or process server delivers the documents to your spouse. But what if the process server or sheriff shows up at your spouse's last known residence and they're not there? Can you still get a divorce without your spouse having received the necessary documents? Yes. If ...
    Continue Reading
  • Can My Ex Stop Paying Support If He Denies Paternity?

    In Iowa, both parents have the responsibility to provide financial support for their children. When parents are unwed or terminating their marriage, the court may order one parent to make support payments to the other. In matters where the parents were not married when the child was born, the mother is considered the legal parent ( Iowa Code ยง 600B.40 ), and she may request that the father be ...
    Continue Reading
Page 1 of 1

Contact The Law Offices of Mark R. Hinshaw, PLC

  • Please enter your name.
  • This isn't a valid email address.
  • This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.